NEED HELP GETTING YOUR CDL PERMIT?
Knight Transportation Can Guide You Through The Process of Earning Your CDL Permit
Need help getting your permit? Knight is here for you!
Already have your permit? Apply below and a recruiter will reach out to you about our CDL Academy.
Follow These Steps to Get Your CDL Permit:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Study a copy of your state’s manual.
- Submit the CDL Application for your State and pay the fee (varies by state and listed at bottom of page).
- Show the verification of identity and social security number (confirm the requirements of your state).
- Show proof of residency for State and US (confirm the requirements of your state). Find the CDL Manual for your state.
- Pass a DOT physical and show a completed Medical Examination Report Form and Medical Examiner’s Certificate Form. The DMV requires proof that the applicant is medically qualified. Before they will allow you to test, you must obtain a DOT Physical from any doctor (residents of Idaho are not required to have physical if operating in excepted interstate commerce)
- Pass a vision test.
- Pass a knowledge exam.
After you have your permit, Knight can offer multiple options to attend a CDL School.