NEED HELP GETTING YOUR CDL PERMIT?
Knight Transportation Can Guide You Through The Process of Earning Your CDL Permit
Start driving with Knight! Need help getting your permit? Knight Transportation offers online permit classes.
Follow These Steps to Get Your Permit:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Study a copy of your state’s manual.
- Submit the CDL Application for your State and pay the fee (varies by state).
- Click below to view the CDL Manual for your state.
- Show verification of identity and social security number (confirm the requirements of your state).
- Show proof of residency for State and US (confirm the requirements of your state). Find the CDL Manual for your state.
- Pass a DOT physical and show a completed Medical Examination Report Form and Medical Examiner’s Certificate Form. The DMV requires proof that the applicant is medically qualified. Before they will allow you to test, you must obtain a DOT Physical from any doctor (residents of Idaho are not required to have physical)
- Pass a vision test.
- Pass a knowledge exam.
After you have your permit Knight can offer multiple options to attend a CDL School.