Why Become a Trainer?
- $1,000+ per Trainee in bonuses
- Make an extra $10,000 per year when you train 10 students
- Trainer trucks run an average of 3,500 miles per week
- Trainers can run regional or full 48
- Trainers get preferred routes and home time
- High performers run 4,500 miles a week
What Do You Need to Qualify as a Trainer?
- Experienced drivers and/or former trainers must have a minimum of 30 days with Knight.
- Must have at least 80,000 Miles solo & 1 winter season driving OTR.
- Must be a company driver.
- Must be willing to run a minimum of 2 weeks at a time.
- No overdue B services in the last 3 months.
- No more than 1 moving violation in the last year.
- No more than 1 preventable Incident/Accident in last year.
- Review all preventable accidents.
- Smart Drive installed with a score < 30.
- Review any motorist reports in the last year.
- Must show Appropriate use of logs (violations, correct line 4 use and PC use, unassigned trips)
- Must be current on safety training
- Must have completed Online Orientation.