DISCLAIMERS, AUTHORIZATIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
A) General Disclaimers: I understand that Knight Transportation, Inc. (Knight) will evaluate all information I have provided on this application and all other information otherwise provided, and may extend a “conditional offer of employment”. I further understand that a final offer of employment is contingent upon the acceptable results of background checks, medical evaluations, drug screens, orientation, and a driving skill/knowledge evaluation. I understand that during the conditional offer of employment phase, I am not an employee of Knight, and that Knight reserves the right at any time during this phase to terminate the process, withdraw any conditional offer, or decline to extend a final offer of employment based on my failure to meet the conditions of the conditional offer of employment. I understand that any employment I am offered will not be for any specified period of time and that my employment can be terminated by Knight at any time, with or without cause. I further understand that the only manner in which the “at-will” nature of my employment relationship with Knight can be changed is by a written agreement that includes explicit language that is specifically intended to do so and which is signed by me and a duly authorized officer of Knight. I hereby release Knight and any other motor carriers or former or prospective employers from any legal liability that may arise from the investigation of my employment or the release of any information regarding pre-employment drug and alcohol testing or any information obtained through the selection process. I explicitly grant Knight, its agents, vendors, employees, and contractors permission to obtain information necessary to determine my qualifications and fitness for duty as a commercial motor vehicle driver for Knight including: previous employment verifications, criminal background, credit history, medical information, and such other documents as maybe necessary.
B) Authorization to Release Work Records: I hereby authorize, without liability, any person or organization, including but not limited to previous employers, educational institutions, or any other institution whose name I have given as part of my application materials, to furnish Knight information relating to any accidents in which I was involved in addition to any information they may have concerning my character, habits, ability, financial responsibility, job performance, and reasons for leaving employment. I further authorize any law enforcement agency or court of record to furnish Knight information concerning my Motor Vehicle Record, or any felony or misdemeanor of which I have been convicted. I hereby release all such persons and organizations from any claims for damages of any kind which may occur to me as a result of furnishing such information.
C) Notice of Drug and Alcohol Testing: Knight requires all qualified applicants for employment to submit to a drug test as required by DOT regulations. I understand I will be required to provide urine, hair, or other biological samples to be tested for the presence of controlled substances. If employed, I will be required to submit to drug and/or alcohol tests as required by Knight’s alcohol and drug abuse policy and/or federal and state regulations.
D) Applicant Rights: I understand that information I provide regarding current and/or previous employers may be used, and those employer(s) will be contacted for the purpose of investigating my safety performance history as required by paragraph (D) and (E) of 49 CFR Part 391.23. I understand that I have the right to review the information provided by previous employers, to have errors in the information corrected by previous employers, and for those previous employers to re-send the corrected information to Knight, and to have a rebuttal
statement attached to the alleged erroneous information, if the previous employer(s) and I cannot agree on the accuracy of the information. I certify that this application was completed by me and that all information provided on this application and any other information I may provide is true and complete. I understand that any omission, false, misleading, incorrect or incomplete statement or misrepresentation of the information provided will be sufficient cause for declination of any application or termination of my employment.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION DISCLOSURE AND CONSENT
1. When making hiring decisions, Knight relies on information gathered by third-party service providers, including HireRight (formerly USIS Commercial Services) and Driver IQ (collectively “Third Party Providers”). In connection with your employment or application for employment (including contract for services) through Knight Transportation, Knight Refrigerated, Squire Transportation, or Knight Port and Rail Services (collectively “Knight”), consumer reports (investigative Consumer Reports in California) (collectively “Reports”) may be requested from Third Party Providers. Reports may include the following types of information: names and dates of previous employers, reasons for termination of employment, work experience, accidents, academic history, professional credentials and drug/alcohol use. Reports may also contain public record information concerning your driving record, workers’ compensation claims, credit, bankruptcy proceedings, criminal records, etc. from federal, state, and other agencies that maintain such records. We also will obtain driving/accident and safety inspection history records maintained by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (“FMCSA”).
2. You have the right to request from each Third Party Provider, the nature and substance of all information it has in its files on you at the time of your request. This request may include an explanation of any coded information, the sources of that information, and the recipients of any reports on you that the Third Party Provider has furnished within the two year period preceding your request (3 years in California). HireRight may be contacted by mail at P.O. Box 33181, Tulsa, OK 74153 or by telephone at 800-381-0645. Driver IQ may be contacted by mail at 4500 South 129th East Ave, Suite 127, Tulsa, OK 74134 or by telephone at 800-832-5184. Information about Hire Right’s privacy practices is available at www.hireright.com/Privacy-Policy.aspx and Driver IQ’s privacy practice is available at https://www.driveriq.com/privacy-policy/.
3. I CONSENT AND AUTHORIZE, WITHOUT RESERVATION, (A) THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS TO OBTAIN REPORTS WITH MY INFORMATION AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 1 ABOVE AND (B) FMSCA AND ANY OTHER PARTY OR AGENCY CONTACTED BY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS TO FURNISH THE INFORMATION REFERENCED ABOVE IN SECTION 1. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE DRUG AND ALCOHOL INFORMATION REFERENCED IN SECTION 1 SHALL REQUIRE A SPECIFIC AND SEPARATE CONSENT AND SHALL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THIS AUTHORIZATION.
4. I hereby consent to Knight obtaining the above information from Third Party Providers and the FMSCA. I understand that the FMSCA maintains sole control over certain data and Knight cannot change or alter such information. If I dispute any information maintained by FMCSA, I must personally contact the FMCSA by accessing the DataQs System at: https://dataqs.fmcsa.dot.gov. If I am hired by Knight, I acknowledge and authorize that information obtained by Third Party Providers and the FMCSA will be retained by Knight and shared with other companies that subscribe to Third Party Providers..
5. If hired or contracted by Knight, this consent and authorization for Reports shall remain on file and shall serve as an ongoing consent and authorization to procure Reports at any time during my employment or contract period with Knight.