KNIGHT COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS RESOURCES FOR TRUCK DRIVERS
SUPPORTING OUR DRIVERS
KNX Terminal Access
Drivers, please know that you have access to all Knight Transportation, Swift Transportation, Barr-Nunn Transportation and Abeline Motor Express terminals if needed. Below is a list of each company's terminal locations. Please contact your Driver Leader for details.
Well-being Medical Support
It is critical to know that at Knight, you are not alone and have resources to support your mental and physical well-being. Please checkout the portal for a Knight Well-being Resource document that includes telehealth information, virtual fitness classes and more.
We understand that our Drivers are out on the road for extended periods of time and are unable to gather supplies. We have designated 25 locations across the Knight-Swift network as driver supply points. These locations will be stocked with cases of water, non-perishable food, and personal items. As deliveries come in, we will keep you up to date on which locations are fully stocked. All drivers are welcome to go to any location across all brands for supplies. More details are available on the Driver Portals.
KNIGHT-SWIFT HOLDINGS INC. PRESS RELEASE
KNX companies have announced the following changes for active drivers:
- 25 locations have been established throughout the country where drivers in any KNX brand can acquire, free of charge, food, water, cleaning products, and other essentials.
- Enhanced cleaning process of all trucks
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all company owned terminals
- All office staff who can are working from home
- Drivers and support staff showing symptoms are encouraged to stay home
In addition, KNX companies announced the following changes for new drivers:
- Virtual training classroom option
- Spreading out training class sizes to create more physical spacing
- Training classroom chairs at least six feet apart
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all training classrooms
- New drivers and training staff showing symptoms are encouraged to stay home
During this time, it is important to refer to professional guidance. Please use the CDC guidelines general information regarding COVID-19.
ESSENTIAL WORKERS LETTER
As we monitor the COVID-19 outbreak, it is imperative to understand that the transportation industry is essential to our country. To those individuals who are working at our facilities across the country to support our driving force, please follow the CDC recommendations on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces, products, and clothing. For those of you that are traveling to and from work, please keep a copy of this letter with you for reference, if needed. Your Driver Leader can you send a copy.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SUPPORT
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We've created a FAQ to address frequent questions that we're receiving. This FAQ answers questions related to COVID-19, precautions that we are taking, and what drivers should do if they become ill, amongst other topics. Please click on the links below to go to each section of the FAQ.