Seeking current truck owners who work hard and drive safe
Knight Transportation offers programs to owner operators that already have their own trucks and are looking to contract with us and use our trailers and operating authority!
- Run where and when you want
- Take advantage of our buying power on parts, maintenance and repairs
- Financial stability
- No trailer rental fees
Enjoy Flexibility with Knight
"My name is Dalibor and I have worked with Knight [as Owner Operator] for over ten years. Flexibility is the best thing about Knight. I can stay home whenever I need it. I can go to work whenever I need it. Over the weekends, nighttime, during the day; flexibility is the best thing."
"My wife and I love being owner operators with Knight for many reasons. Primarily the wonderful team that has helped us with launching our successful business. I would like to thank all the Knight Transportation team for helping us with our success. I will continue to put more trucks on with our Knight Transportation family."
"For me, being an owner operator at Knight transportation allows me to grow. One of the things I value the most is providing premier service to our customers. I am happy to be here and working with Knight to deliver the best service at all times."
"I became a truck owner because I wanted to be able to run my own business. I leased on with Knight because of the freight network, shop network, and the discounted parts and labor."
Truck Owner Driver Qualifications
- At least 24 years of age
- 1 year OTR experience within the last 5 years
- Must complete Contractor Qualification Process
- Max of two moving violations in last 2 years
- No more than one preventable accident in last 2 years
- Wheel base less than 265 inches
- Sliding fifth wheel
- 3-axle with sleeper
- Stack height 13' to 13'6"
- Maximum weight of 18,500 lbs.
- Fifth wheel height of 47.5" or less
- Governed at 68 mph Cruise, 70 mph Pedal (we cover cost)*
- Tractor must be no older than seven years old
*70mph cruise/72mph pedal with Knight Smart Drive Camera installation