Knight Transportation is currently looking for Owner Operators who work hard, drive safe, and want an opportunity to achieve success! If you have your own truck, run with us under Knight's authority. We have a program and individuals to support your career path of owning your business, Parts and fuel discounts with the stability of consistent freight.
- Must be 24 years of age
- 1 year OTR experience within the previous 5 years
- No drug use in previous 10 yrs
- No DUI/DWI within the previous 5 yrs, no multiple DUI/DWI’s
- No more than 2 moving violations within the previous 3 yrs
- No serious traffic violations in previous 3 yrs (ie. Reckless driving, speeding more than 15 over, etc…)
- No more than 1 preventable accident (or 2 incidents) in the previous 3 years
- Felony convictions must be reviewed prior to contract
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical drug screen, road test and written exams.
- Tractor must be 7 yrs old or newer and must pass a Knight shop inspection
- Wheelbase must less than 265 inches with no exceptions
- Sliding 5th wheel (preferred)
- 3 axle with sleeper
- Stack height between 13’ to 13’6”
- Maximum weight of 18,500lbs (with 100 gallons of fuel and driver(s)
- 5th wheel height of 47 ½ “ or less
- Electronically governed at 68 mph cruise m 70 mph pedal (We will cover the cost)
- Tractor must be able to pass DOT inspection at a Knight shop
- 24/7 Operations and Breakdown Support
- Cut costs with our Scale/Toll Programs (at a low $3.50 per week)
- Weekly Settlements
- No Trailer Rental Fees
- Dead head mile pay
- Low Cost Bobtail, Occupational Accident and Physical Damage Insurance
- Very comparable cost for Medical, dental and vision options through our 3rd party partner
- National Parts, Fuel and Maintenance Discount Programs
- Regional Lanes Offer Consistent Home time
- 24 nationwide Friendly Service Centers and 17 Shops
- ATBS (business and tax consultant service) option To Assist You in Running Your Business, Plus Support from Knight
What Makes Knight Different?
I. Route to Million Miles
Route To A Million Miles is a reward system that is designed to celebrate a driving associate’s milestones with the company. Rewards include: company swag, stocks, and even a BRAND-NEW CUSTOM TRUCK.
TRU Pay, short for Transparent Reliable Understandable Pay, is not a raise but rather a new pay band structure that gives drivers who are on our sliding mileage pay scale pay increases that are based on individual production.
III. Monthly Bonus
Knight’s Monthly Bonus Program allows drivers to receive their bonus on a monthly basis instead of quarterly. Bonuses are earned through production and safety.
IV. Affordable Medical/401k
Knight partners with BlueCross, Blue Shield and Delta Dental to give drivers’ and their families affordable health and dental insurance. Knight also offers drivers’ 401K with matching and an employee stock purchase plan.
V. Rider & Pet Policy
Knight’s rider and pet policy gives drivers the opportunity to bring a companion on the road with them, whether they are a family member who is age 10 or older or a four-legged, furry friend.
VI. Military Benefits
Knight offers special programs, apprenticeships, and even CDL training scholarships for military veterans. Contact us to learn more about our Fleet of Heroes program and other benefits.