WE’RE IN BUSINESS TOGETHER
Knight understands what it takes to successfully run your own business. If you work hard, drive safely and want an opportunity to succeed in every area of your life, become a Knight independent contractor.
With industry-leading financials, partnering with Knight allows independent contractors to enjoy greater stability.
We provide the tools to assist you with running your business. This includes accounting and financial management resources and advisers.
A contract with Knight gives you access to fuel, maintenance, parts and other discount programs.
Additional Benefits of Contracting with Knight
Discounted Insurance Options
Maintenance and Tire Discounts
Flexible Lease Payments
24/7 Support from 30 Service Centers
Multiple truck lease options
Flexible hometime based on your lifestyle
No trailer rental fee
Fuel discounts and protection
Low-cost bobtail, occupational accident and physical damage insurance available
Weekly settlements (with exclusive settlement representative)
Additional pay for deadhead miles (driving empty)
Independent Contractor Driver Qualifications
- At least 24 years of age
- 1 year OTR experience within the last 5 years
- Must complete Contractor Qualification Process
- Max of two moving violations in last 2 years
- No more than one preventable accident in last 2 years
- Wheel base less than 265 inches
- Sliding fifth wheel
- 3-axle with sleeper
- Stack height 13’ to 13’6”
- Maximum weight of 18,500 lbs.
- Fifth wheel height of 47.5” or less
- Governed at 68 mph Cruise, 70 mph Pedal (we cover cost)
- Tractor must pass DOT inspection